Spiritual Thoughts by Jenny V

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Wash Away The Sin

I often find myself lost in dreaming about things... house, vacation, hobbies, a new truck. Why must I find myself consumed with such thoughts? My prayer is that the Lord would give me sufficient discipline to conquer these thoughts. I desire the Lord to "wash away the sin" of such thinking. Simply put, no such dreaming is glorifying God. It's simply adding frustration and discontent to our lives. Why is my mind not filled with such ferver of the Lord's plans?

During last weeks Girls Group Bible Study, I would like to record some notable thoughts:
  • Discontent may also be a blessing. When we become "comfortable" we risk losing the desire to seek the Lord's will. Michelle notes that she is 'comfortable' in her home, but her husband is not. He feels the Lord calling him into a ministry that may involve moving. If they were both 'comfortable' then they might have no desire to move and thus would potentially dismiss the Lord's prompting.
  • We are not supposed to be "comfortable" in this world. The world is constantly in search of the next item that will bring them comfort. (i.e. better car, nicer house, etc.) What we truly are seeking is the comfort of heaven. Eternal comfort and peace will be met in Heaven. Why do we waste so much time, money, and efforts? We must learn to be content today.
  • God has a plan for us today. God wants to walk and talk with us today. We are often caught pressing on for tomorrow and thus we are missing many todays in the process.


Lord, please give me the strength to dismiss the thoughts that fail to bring you glory. Fill my heart with the desires that you have for me and help me to focus accordingly to bring you glory today. For the sake of your son, Jesus. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home