Spiritual Thoughts by Jenny V

Monday, November 06, 2006

Psalm 42

Psa 42:1
As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God.
Psa 42:2
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?
Psa 42:3
My tears have been my food day and night, While {they} say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
Psa 42:4
These things I remember and I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go along with the throng {and} lead them in procession to the house of God, With the voice of joy and thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival.
Psa 42:5
Why are you in despair, O my soul? And {why} have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him {For} the help of His presence.
Psa 42:6
O my God, my soul is in despair within me; Therefore I remember You from the land of the Jordan And the peaks of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.
Psa 42:7
Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls; All Your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me.
Psa 42:8
The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime; And His song will be with me in the night, A prayer to the God of my life.
Psa 42:9
I will say to God my rock, "Why have You forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"
Psa 42:10
As a shattering of my bones, my adversaries revile me, While they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
Psa 42:11
Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.

I desire to seek the Lord as the author of this Psalm... "thirsting" for God. He has seen me through thick and thin. I admit, there were definitely times when we felt lost, alone, and wondering "Where is God?" Especially when we found ourselves deep within a dream that we thought was obedience, but really wasn't our calling. We must always remember that it is our journies that shape us.

We sang this as a hymn in church yesterday. This Psalm speaks to me, reassures me, and is one that I sing with much heartfelt gratitude towards the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home